Summer Fashion Guide
– By Stephanie Magallanes
Spring is officially in full affect and summer is just around the corner! Skies are clear, afternoons are filled with sunshine and Sunday BBQ’s have begun. Mother nature has provided us with the key essentials to kick start a few months of lovely weather, and it is now up to you to load up on some of this spring/summer;s must-have’s. Check out my top picks for the Spring/Summer season. All of these pieces can be found at some of LA’s best shops!
- Jeffrey Campbell ‘Catch Boot’ – Wasteland – 7428 Melrose Avenue – 323.653.3028 –These boots are made for rockin’ and that’s just what they’ll do, as this beautiful cream colored lace up boot will compliment and match almost every outfit you’ll be flaunting this season. In collaboration with Wasteland this boot is sold exclusively for the boutique.
- Feather Hair Extensions – Goodform Salon – 725 N Fairfax Ave – 323.658.8585 – Feather up your nest this season but adding some fly feather extensions into your mane. As seen on celebs like Jennifer Love Hewitt, Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha, this summer look will add some spirit to your hair for a great and subtle everyday look.
- Tribal Open Cardigan – Forever 21 – 189 The Grove Drive – 323.934.0018- Join the tribe and get a hold of a lightweight funky tribal cardigan. It’s a great accent of color to any basic, and will definitely keep you warm on the chillier nights.
- YSL Sheer candy Crystal Color Lipstick – Sephora – 6801 Hollywood Blvd – 323.462.6898 – Add a little shimmer and femininity to your lips this season with this elegant lip color. Great for everyday use, this color is a perfect final touch to any look.
- Shaku Hachi ‘Day Tripper’ Skirt – Urban Outfitters – 7650 Melrose Ave – 323.653.3231 – Skirts have gone to great lengths to stay in fashion and this season Maxi skirts have taken over! Great for a day in the city to even a day at the beach, include this skirt in all your day trips.
- Kate Spade ‘Fisher’ Handheld Satchel – Kate Spade - 10250 Santa Monica Blvd – 310.788.0791 – Giddy up on over to Kate Spade and get a hold of this amazing everyday bag. The ‘satchel’ has made a huge comeback and its size and shape make it wearable for almost every occasion.
- Ariella Collection ‘Round Cat’s Eye’ Ring – Nordstrom – 189 The Grove Dr – 323.930.2230 – Keep your eye on this prize piece as it’s a statement ring that will add a splash of color and style. Offered in three brilliant colors this ring screams class and style and is surprisingly only $58!
- Diane von Furstenberg ‘Avram Top in Candy’ – DVF the Shop – 8407 Melrose Ave – 323.951.1947 – This silky top is a chic take on a sporty hooded racer back, making it wearable for the daytime and evening. Pair it with a loose pant or even a maxi skirt and this top will embrace a different jaw dropping look every time.
- MARC by Marc Jacobs ‘Bernie’ Stripe Tank – Marc Jacobs – 8410 Melrose Avenue – 323.653.0100 – ‘Earn your stripes’ as they say and make sure when you do they’re coming from top designer Marc Jacobs. This comfy cotton tank is a beachside staple! Trendy and comfy this piece is a must.
- Ted Baker ‘Reggae’ Checkered Bag – Ted Baker – 131 N Robertson Blvd – 310.550.7855 – Whether you’re a jet-setter or trend setter this light weight weekender not only holds all your necessities but does it with style. Who ever said ‘nice’ bags are only for women hasn’t seen this statement bag.
- Ray Ban Brown/Black ‘Wayfarer’ Glasses – Sunglass Hut– 356 N Beverly Drive Beverly Hills – 310.205.3927 – Here comes the sun and make sure your ready to keep your eyes safe with Wayfarers’ new color combo glasses. No need to hide behind your shades this spring/summer, these flattering glasses add sex appeal and style to men everywhere.
- Reiss ‘Irving’ Cotton Blazer – Reiss – 145 N Robertson Blvd – 310.276.0060 – Button up this summer with a casual multi-purpose blazer. This season it’s all about sophistication for menswear and why not combo a classic blazer with a pair of chino’s or shorts? This jacket will do just that!
- HUGO for Hugo Boss ‘Astro/Hill 7’ Slim Suit – Hugo Boss – 8625 W Sunset Blvd – 310.360.6935 – Keep it cool, keep it tight and if your looking for a sharp suit this spring/summer look no more and run over to Hugo Boss. This sleek suit makes everyman look like a million bucks without having to spend it.
- Distressed Pleather ‘Pork Pie’ Hat – Urban Outfitters – 7650 Melrose Ave – 323.653.3231 – Tired of the old ball cap and fedora? Urban Outfitters carries a great take on the ‘pork pie’ hat in a beautiful distressed brown shade. Add a little Chaplin swag into your style this spring/summer with this great hat.
- Red Wing ‘Moc Boot’ in Copper Rough Tough – American Apparel – 6922 Hollywood Blvd – 323.465.6312 – We’ve been seeing a lot of this boot lately, as most have adjusted the Doc Martin look into their own. American Apparel carries a less military and more stylish take on the boot. Another great piece for either day or night.
- Robert Geller Leather Motorcycle Jacket – Fred Segal – 8118 Melrose Ave – 323.651.1800 – Only in California can you wear a leather jacket all year round, so why not try something different this season and splurge on this unique crimson toned jacket. Even if your not one of the fortunate cyclists of the town don’t let that stop you from owning this great piece.