16 Things I Learned At Sundance 2012
1. Coat check is for amateurs
2. Texting while it’s snowing is the new texting and driving
3. A 10-seater van can be made to hold 20
4. Getting a taxi to pick you up from your house is harder than getting into Bing with 10 dudes
5. If your cell phone battery was a man, he would be a “2 pump chump”
6. Those weak-ass drinks you hated getting served just may have been for your own good
7. If you made it skiing or snowboarding you didn’t party hard enough
8. If you brought ski or snowboard gear but didn’t use it, give yourself a pat on the back
9. For reasons unexplained, you will step in bigger, dirtier puddles when you are sober
10. Cigarettes are more valuable in Park City than in any prison in the country
11. No one wants a beanie with your company logo on it except perhaps your own mother
12. Exception: Hyde beanies… so hot right now!!
13. No party is complete without a filthy, flannel-wearing, completely shit-faced Park City local
14. If you are female – Saturday night’s Tao wristband is the new Michael Kors watch
15. If you are male – Saturday night’s Tao wristband was a mystery to you until you saw a girl still wearing hers on Tuesday
16. If you are human – Sundance 2012 was truly… an unforgettable time.
See you next year.
P.S. This note is dedicated to Josh Grey-Emmer who has been to Sundance 20 YEARS IN A ROW… and has the tattoo to prove it (it says, “SD 20″)
###[Read more pieces by this author --> HERE]